Monday, April 30, 2018

Room Makeover


Finally found time to tidy up my room, took this with my iPhone so please bear with the low-res images. I realised I have been collecting decor and accents from all over the world, but never had the chance to display them in my room.

This might sound strange, but packing my room on rainy Saturday afternoon is my kind of hygge - which means a mood of coziness and comfortable conviviality with feelings of wellness and contentment. Hygge is also my favourite word by the way hehe.

So I tried to add some elements of hygge in my room, spot them with me. More pictures upcoming!


My standup dressing table that doubles up as a drawer for my skincare storage (drawer 1) and techie stuff such as MacBook cables and hard drives (drawer 2). 


I got the transparent acrylic brush holder from Taobao and drawers from Muji, a gift from TJ. They go so well the marble tray and coaster that I bought from Taobao too - I reallyyy love marble items. Not forgetting a gold reindeer ornament holder that I got from Umbro to store my rings and bracelets.


Next, I have my study table that forms a line with my dresser. From left, a vintage desk lamp from Ikea, muji style humidifier and a photo of us to remind me of our happiest moments in Sweden!

sprayed my silver Ikea mirror to gold, to complete the look. Hygge moment, a surprise bouquet of flowers from Zi Xin when I fell ill for a week. Note to self, I should get a proper vase hehe.


I can safely say that this is my favourite hideout of my new room. Got this grey sofa from IKEA and cushions from Taobao and Robinsons. Might consider replacing the lounge chair with something smaller because this is taking up too much floor space. Anyway hygge moment - chilling here with hot cocoa and a good book on a rainy afternoon is pure bliss! 


My kallax bookshelf to store all the (useless) knick-knacks that I own and can't bear to throw away. 



Hygge moment - zoom in to my candles collection, I am a huge fan. As you can see the top right shelf hehe.


It took me so long to find a pleasant looking and functional hook for my ukelele, until one day I decided to DIY this by -again- spray painting a bathroom suction hook in gold! Quite happy with how it turned out. 


I am also a huge collector of branded paper bags, storing them in the white box beside the uke. 


This is where I spent most of my time, sleeping on the bed, so it's got to be comfortable right haha. I don't fancy the conventional night lights but need one because of night vision troubles. So I got battery-operated fairy lights instead, convenient and gorgeous. 

Hygge moment - soft pompom blanket throws amp up the cosiness of the bed! 




Update, my other quilt set is in full marble. Guess I am really a marble fan. 


Special mention of the grey heart decor that says "Home is where I am with you." I got this from a handicraft store in Granna, Sweden and I'm still loving the quote since then.


And my room has a unique shape, as you can see, there are sharp edges and weird angles at this corner of the room. It's really frustrating because not many cupboards can fit in this space. Best decision to hire a contractor to build this reach-in cupboard that maximizes the whole space from ceiling to floor. Yay for a long time before I run out of storage again hehe.

I just donated my clothes so it looks slightly empty here. Anyway more storage on top but I did not snap a shot of it because I don't plan to clean that up haha. 


Added a full-length mirror inside because I have a fear for huge mirrors in the bedroom, especially accidentally looking at my reflection in the middle of the night. So I'm happy I can keep this mirror away in my cupboard.

Room makeover almost complete! I'll continue to beautify this place and keep it clean from now on. A tidy and nicely decorated bedroom definitely helps to improve overall lifestyle. 

Have a marvellous May everyone! 

xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
© , All Rights Reserved.