Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Sweden • Stockholm



Here's a post about our road trip to Gränna, Stockholm and Örebro. Three in one!

The main highlight would be the city of Sweden, Stockholm but we couldn't resist stopping along the way to visit the smaller towns to soak in the Swedish vibes!

We rented a car and drove from Jönköping (pronounced as yon-sho-ping) to Stockholm, it took us 4 hours to get from one end to the another. On the way to Stockholm, we visited a quiet town Gränna, a quiet and peaceful town located located at the eastern shores of Lake Vättern, Sweden. About 30 minutes drive from JKP!

Gränna + Polkagrisar + Road Trip to Stockholm



Peace and tranquility.


Can we go back to Sweden now. Everywhere is just so gorgeous.


I have a very special kind of love for small towns.  


Snapped a picture of a vintage looking teddy sitting by the windowsill of a toy store.


The Swedes are huge on Christmas decorations, and I found this really cute!


Look at that elaborate dinner setup - it's just a display set for a furniture store, not the restaurant where we had our lunch haha.


Had a lunch buffet in a romantic white cave restaurant! I can't remember the name of the place, but I guess its not difficult to find it. Wished I took more photos of the cave walls.


There's a polar bear museum in Gränna too, but it was during a festive break so the famous matchstick factory and this museum were closed for the weekend. But I managed to take a photo with this cute little polar bear hehe.


A candy factory (Polkagrisar) sits beside the entrance of Gränna. I am not a fan of candy but I've got to say they have all sorts of candy there especially candy canes of all shapes and sizes! I remember how happy we were that we can finally have some sugar, after falling sick together for the past week.
  

After a day trip in Gränna, we continued our road trip to Stockholm. Thanks for driving while Nowell and I sleep at the back, you guys are da best.

Stockholm City Hall + Gamla Stan + Cafe Hopping



OH HELLO, STOCKHOLM!


Goofy shot. Realised how we blocked the view, thinking that we are main focus right here? Love my travel companions!



The city hall of Stockholm.


Our attempt at a band album cover. Hopefully, we can recreate this photo with our graduation gowns during our grad trip in June 2018!


Next, we visited the old town, Gamla Stan. More photos ahead.


A random photo of the store windows again. 
   


Gamla Stan, you are beautiful. 

I'll never forget the taste of that cuppa warm white chocolate in the old town square!


WEE lost. Us trying to find our way and TJ sneakily took a candid photo of us looking so serious.


Nowell and her epic phone cover haha.


After much research, we finally found this vegan dessert place. I am not a fan of vegan cakes but Nowell is so we decided to give it a try!

Stockholm is flooded with cosy cafes and restaurants, which is a good thing because we were craving for Chinese food since we arrived in JKP. 

More on that story when I find the pictures. I think that somehow photos from my G7x were lost. We took way more photos than this, hopefully I can find them soon.

Stockholm Vasa Museum + Lake MageLungen 



Last day in Stockholm and we know we are going to miss this beautiful place!

 

Our extremely friendly Airbnb host, Tomas! He brought us to a nearby lake to watch the locals skate during winter. Wished I had a set of ice skating shoes that day, so that I could join the locals!


We were skidding around like ducks on this 20 km huge ice lake, Lake MageLungen, and barely made it to stay still for this photo.


Look at the ice! So clear, we could see the lake beneath.


My favourite shot of the day. 

Next up, my long-awaited farmstay at Örebro county! 

Road Trip to Örebro county + Horse farmstay 


Good morning! We slept in an Airbnb cabin and woke up to this view.


What a gorgeous being. 


Morning feeding time for my new friends Micmac and Oscar who were caught sniffing my coat for treats! Everything feels so surreal here to be living in the country side surrounded among these charming animals. 

Farmstay - my dream come true.

Örebro Universitet + Back to JKP

Asian style reunion dinner with our WKW friends who were exchanging in Örebro universitet! 


Extremely happy to see these joyful faces and we had an asian style soup buffet that was heartwarmingly delicious, thanks for having us here, it feels like home to meet everyone again.

Goodbye Stockholm, you'll be dearly missed and I'm definitely coming back when I can!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

© , All Rights Reserved.