Thursday, June 22, 2017

Film 1.0 • Shanghai

50280017_COVER

Excited to share my first developed roll that turned out better than expected, hoorah!

I took these experimental shots at Shanghai’s marriage market, where parents of unmarried adults will gather to trade information and find a partner for their children.

Captured moments with Minolta -

50280016

One of my favourite shots 

50280023_2

50280020_2

We were curious about why the parents set up umbrella booths - thinking that umbrellas might have a hidden cultural meaning. Ended up laughing at our train of thought when the locals explained it is functional reasons. Umbrellas can raise their children's profiles for better viewing, prevent it from being trampling on the ground, convenient to bring around and in case of sudden downpours. Makes sense.

50280024

Profiles can be seen from umbrellas to trolleys to trees, parents are getting creative nowadays.

50280013_2

Adding ambient music with his melodious performance.

50280015
Wondering how many children does she have. 

50280012

The Shanghai Marriage Market is held at People's Park every weekend. 

50280028

Since I had a few shots left before developing, I snapped some at Chinese Garden (豫园). Tried to manoeuvre our way through the narrow streets of street food and local souvenirs, but we were squashed like sardines before reaching the Bridge of Nine Turnings (九曲桥).

50280032

A piece of tranquillity in the middle of a crowded tourist spot.

50280035

People crossing the bridge of nine turnings, in hopes of better luck.

50280033


Happy that I finally posted a lil something about Shanghai after 4 months. I am on a mission to edit and share my exchange diaries in the form of visual posts. Dating back will take a while, but yes, I will do it!

Can’t wait to bring the Minolta to Zhangjiajie mountains this weekend and see how my next roll turns out to be, that wait-and-surprise factor makes it all so fun. May the weather be ever in our favor!

Welcoming myself to the #filmisnotdead community. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment

< > Home
© , All Rights Reserved.